Woah…an award nomination! When I started this thing it was purely for the purpose of word vomit. I was pissed at men and needed a platform to vent. However, since I’ve started secretsofalawyer I have become sort of addicted. It’s like therapy. Someone pisses me off… I rant to you guys… I feel much better. Who needs to pay £££££ to sit on a couch and cry to a stranger when you’ve got a world of support and friendly comments at the click of a button? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAT me. In today’s age of digital gadgets and social media, freedom of speech is at its peak.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to them
How secretsofalawyer Came About
One day, I was sitting at my desk with 1001 things to do at work. I was hungover, hormonal and pissed at men. My ex boyfriend had got himself a shiny new girlfriend and he was posting her ALL over facebook. I was SO annoyed. Only a few months ago had he told me he was still in love with me. And then all of a sudden this Plain Jane popped up out of the wood work. My brain was going crazy with thoughts and I could not concentrate on anything. So I opened up my emails, clicked ‘compose new email’ and started typing. I literally couldn’t stop. I wrote for about an hour. Everything. It all came out. Afterward, I felt so much better.
That evening, I was lying in my bed scrolling through instagram. Alone with the filtered bitches that look perfect in every picture, I started day dreaming about my email earlier. I managed to get out of my brain all the shit I’d kept in my head over the years. And that’s when I decided. And secretsofalawyer was born.
Advice for [New] Bloggers
I’m not sure if my advice will be any good. I’m not a world famous blogger with a gazillion followers. I just blog because it helps me stay sane. And I genuinely love to write. But here goes..
- Don’t force it. Write what you want to write about. Not what you think you should write about. When you’re writing about something close to you, the words come out much easier.
- Don’t be embarrassed. I’ve written a fair few posts about real life embarrassment. Stuff I probably shouldn’t share on a platform viewable by anyone and everyone. But it’s fun. Who cares what people think. Fuck it!
Thank you Bexoxo for nominating me. Not just for the nomination but for your comments and words of kindness. If you don’t follow her, check her out! The things this girl has been through are shocking and reading her story will have you hooked.
I’d like to nominate:
- The Love Story Project
- Escaping Perfection
- Meet me in Nevada
- Jasmine Dialogues
- TBM Women in the World
- Carrot and Crumb
- The Singles Conundrum
- Rinse Before Use
I know i’m supposed to nominate 15 blogs, but I’m new to wordpress and so far I’ve only got 10 favourites! I’ll add the next 5 when I meet them.